Aggressive Maryland DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Your Rights
Lawyer Defends Rockville-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Maryland, law enforcement officials have been expanding efforts to crack down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. Law Office of Daniel Wright has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the tenacity to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Advocate committed to confronting drunk driving charges
I understand that good people can make mistakes. I strive to satisfy clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. I am knowledgeable about complex Maryland DUI laws, and analyze every aspect of the prosecution’s case, from the initial traffic stop to Breathalyzer tests, to build you a strong defense. I know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and I challenge the evidence against you with the skill I have developed through real-world experience. I work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Counselor advising on what to do if you are stopped
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remaining calm and being polite are good ways to ensure that police officers leave you alone.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Do not allow the officer to perform a search without a warrant.
- Take the sobriety test. Many DUI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DWI attorney immediately.
Contact me today for a consultation
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need a qualified and determined defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Law Office of Daniel Wright today at (301) 655-8130 or contact me online to set up a consultation at my Rockville, Maryland office.